Product images are for illustration purposes only.
Powertank RECTANGULAR – Variable Speed – 300 or 500ltr
Increases Pressure & Flow Designed for domestic and light commercial use.
Output approx 80 l/min @ 3 Bar Tank Size: 300 & 500L
2 -5 Working Day Delivery - Pallet (UK Mainland Only)
Price Match Promise | Find Out More
- Product Data
- Performance Data
- Additional Information
- Quick Installation Checklist
- Reviews (2)
Powertank RECTANGULAR – Variable Speed Whole House Water Pressure Booster: 300 & 500ltr
The Powertank Rectangular pumping range is designed for domestic and light commercial use where there is low mains water pressure and where pressure fluctuates. It is electronically controlled through a flow switch unit which starts and stops the pump automatically when a tap is opened and closed. The 300ltr & 500ltr tanks are designed for areas where the floor space is not restricted but where height restrictions are an issue.
– Non-corrosive holding tank (WRAS approved material)
– Pre-fitted WRAS approved fill valve
– Minimal installation requirement
– Adjustable digital display flow controller (Variable Speed Option)
– Dry run protection with auto restart (time delay)
– AF Air gap
– Suitable for up to Fluid Category 4
Inlet: ½” BSP
Outlet: 1” BSP
Over flow: 1 1/4” BSP
Drain Off: 1” BSP
If there are any special Inlet or Overflow requirements please let us know prior to placing an order.
Power Supply: 240V, 50Hz
Controller: Steadypres M/T 07 c/w 8ltr pressure vessel
Mains Power Cable: 2m x 1mm ² 3 core fitted with 13 amp fuse mains plug
Current Input: 6.3 amp
Useable Water Volume: 300ltr or 500ltr
Tank Weight Empty: 300ltr =40kg | 500ltr = 45kg
Tank Weight Full 1ltr = 1 kg plus weight of empty tank
Access Cover Diameter: 300ltr = 190mm | 500ltr = 285mm
The Powertank will produce
80 litres per min @ 3 Bar
NOTE: A minimum of 0.5 bar incoming pressure is required for our Standard Fill Valve
* Water on demand
* More pressure and flow from your shower
* Good flow of pressure to multiple water outlets
* Fully Automatic Operation
* Low Maintenance
* Easy Fit and Commission
* Very Quiet compared to other Systems
BENEFITS of the Powertank Range of Water Pressure boosters:
Water on Demand
Good Pressure & Flow to all Outlets*
Very Quiet Operation
Energy Saving Options
Installer Friendly Design
Fully Automatic Operation
In Built Pump Protection
* Subject to being correctly plumbed. Shared pipework may affect pressures.
|Dimensions||L 1045 x W 665 x H 940 mm|
Why do I need a tank and a pump?
To increase water pressure and flow, there must first be a supply of water to pump from. If you are not getting enough from your mains then you need a break tank to store your water supply ready for when you need it. This water can then be pumped to your outlets on demand giving you plentiful water pressure and supply. Take control of your own water!
Why can’t I just fit the pump on the mains?
Water Authority byelaws prevent a pump being directly connected to the mains supply so when your mains water pressure needs a boost, a break tank must be incorporated into the system. There is a regulation that says you can pump up to 12l/min off the mains which was originally brought in because of pressure washers, but 12 l/min is just about enough to run 1 shower without water being used elsewhere and would only suggest these for single occupancy properties.
Will it be noisy?
Incorporating an ultra-quiet running submersible pump within a tank of water is about as quiet as you can get, gone are the days of feeling like your house is going to take off every time you turn a tap on! The Variable speed version is quieter still as the pump is not running full throttle unless demand is very high.
Is it easy to install?
Our all-in-one tank and pump unit is designed to remove the headache for your plumber, just fit it and forget it. We check every unit here before it leaves us to ensure that it is in perfect working order when it gets to you. Our simple installation guide makes it very easy for a qualified plumber to fit.
Where am I going to put it?
Unfortunately there is no small way to store a tank full of water, but this version is designed for properties where floor space is at a premium. The ideal place to put this system is as close to the mains stop tap as possible, and on the same level is preferable. It can be installed in a loft if there are no other options, but you might then want to think about a bigger tank as the refill rate will be slower and it will need to be supported on strong beams. This system can also be stored outside but will need to be in a sheltered environment (i.e. an insulated shed) with absolutely no risk of frost.
It seems very expensive, why should I buy your version?
Our Powertank Rectangular is made from high quality components and materials giving long lasting and reliable use. Guaranteed to boost your water pressure you can fit it and forget it, enjoying reaping the benefits of finally having the water supply you require and more. Easy to install this provides a compact low cost solution to water pressure problems.
Quick Installation Checklist
Quick Check List for Installing Your Powertank
- Powertank should be mounted on a solid foundation. The recommended surface for a Powertank is a concrete plinth or floor. We do not recommend installation of Powertanks on wooden structures where noise or vibration may be an issue.
- Fill the Powertank with water through the fill valve “before” connecting the top discharge pipe work to allow air to escape from the pump.
- Pipe work should be easy to disassemble. Consider the use of “Speedfit” or similar plastic pipework systems, or flexible hosing with a suitable pressure rating, for the last 1.0 mtr (approx.) of pipe work connecting to the unit. This will assist in reducing noise transmission, and avoid stressing the Powertank connections.
Delivery and Handling
The weight and size of the Powertank range may require the aid of lifting equipment and must be handled in a safe manner.
For full instructions, to be read before installation, please see Powertank Installation Guide>