On delivery, the Powertank should be inspected thoroughly and any damage reported to the supplier as soon as possible. This should be confirmed in writing within 48 hours.
1. Check the unit for any visual defects. Contact your supplier immediately if any are found.
2. Choose a suitable location for installation. Please ensure the unit is fitted and supported in accordance with these instructions.
– Check that the cold water storage tank capacity is designed to meet your water consumption demands.
– Tank Drip Trays or bunded tanks are to be used for Installations that would be sensitive to leakage.
3. Connect the inlet pipe work and overflow pipe work as per the installation diagram.
– Good quality full bore Isolation Valves should be fitted before and after the unit to allow for reliable service or repair.
– We strongly advise that a suitably designed bypass is installed to allow for servicing.
– Pipe work should be easy to disassemble. Consider the use of “Speedfit” or similar plastic pipework systems, or flexible hosing with a suitable pressure rating, for the last 1.0 mtr (approx.) of pipe work connecting to the unit. This will reduce noise transmission and accommodate movement of the unit, avoiding stressing the Powertank connections.
– Pipework installations should be in accordance with local water authority regulations.
– The Powertank COMPACT is designed to accept a 40mm overflow pipe. Other tanks should be fitted with overflows in accordance with local regulations. Ensure that overflow water is piped away properly.
4. Fill the storage tank with water through the fill valve before connecting the discharge pipe work to allow air to escape from the pump. Please ensure the fill valve fitted is suitable for the incoming water pressure.
5. Once the tank is full, connect the discharge pipe work as per the installation diagram.
– The discharge pipe work must be, at a minimum, the same size as the Powertank inlet supply; if it is smaller the result will be reduced pressure and flow at the outlets.
– The discharge pipe work must be properly secured soonce the Powertank is fitted there are no stressed internal pipe work.
6. In accordance with the latest IEE regulation all electrical connections should be carried out by a qualified electrician .The Powertank must be earthed. It is recommended that an earth leakage circuit breaker (ELCB) is fitted on the incoming electrical supply.
– Make sure the electrical supply is fully isolated and cannot be turned on before working on the pump, motor, controller or any part of the unit.
– Do not turn on electrical supply to the Powertank without ensuring all electrical fittings and all covers are intact and fully isolated from human touch during operation.
The Powertank is not recommended to be fitted above ceilings.
Installations in loft areas are not recommended due to the weight of the tank when full of water and the increased potential for damage in the event of water leakage or spillage. Sound also travels through rafters and it is likely that such an installation will be noisy compared to an installation on a solid base.
Installations significantly higher than the mains water stop tap will reduce the refill rate of the tank.
1. The Powertank should be installed in a dry, well-ventilated area where it is not exposed to extreme temperature or frost. An ambient temperate below 20 °C is required to limit bacteria growth. Powertanks may be located outdoors in a weather, frost and rodent proof enclosure which should be adequately ventilated during warm weather.
2. All pipe work that may be exposed to freezing condition should be fully protected.
3. Powertank must be positioned such that there is safe access for examination and service in compliance with health and safety practice.
4. Bunded tank options and drip trays are available for some of the Powertank range and these can be used in areas where water spillages or leakages can cause damage.
5. A litre of water weights 1kg so a 200 litre tank will weight 200kgs plus the weight of the tank, pumps etc. See our technical data sheet for the dry weights of each Powertank. Please check that your proposed installation site can support this level of load evenly.
6. There should ideally be adequate lighting in the location of the Powertank for ease of maintenance.
Foundation & Mounting
Powertank must be mounted on a solid foundation to support the weight of the unit. Surfaces must be flat and level to spread weight load evenly. The recommended surface for a Powertank is a concrete plinth or floor. We do not recommend installation of Powertank units on wooden structures in any situation where noise or vibration may be an issue.
Powertank has a cold water storage tank with a type AB Air gap and when used with a mains connection must be installed in accordance with the water regulations. All the wetted parts of the Powertank are potable quality and suitable for use with drinking water. It should be noted that the quality of stored water deteriorates over time if ambient temperature is greater than 20 degrees Celsius (>20 °C). If the tank is to be left idle for any length of time, it is recommended that it is completely drained before being put back into use. It is recommended that tanks are drained and cleaned periodically, according to the conditions of use, to avoid any problems.
FOR FULL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS DOWNLOAD THE POWERTANK O&M MANUAL