Product images are for illustration purposes only.
- Product Data
- Performance Data
- Reviews (3)
Brio Tank Pressure Sensing Pump Controller
INSTALLATION & USE
Tank Version Includes 0.4ltr Pressure Vessel
The BRIO is an fixed pressure sensing controller with dry run protection. Designed to automate the operation of an electric pump, the BRIO TANK has the ability to sense a drop in pressure in the system (opening a tap or valve). The pump controller will turn off the pump when the tap valve is closed and the system is re-pressurised. (Starts and stops the pump with the opening and closing of the taps). The BRIO can be used in conjunction with shower pumps in installations where there is a ‘negative head’ otherwise known as ‘universal head’ (when the shower head is above the water level in the cold water storage tank), and also where the pumps are supplying several outlets at once e.g. body jets or rain bars, or domestic water supplies (toilets, taps, washing machines). The BRIO comes complete with a pressure gauge which allows the starting pressure value and system pressure to be easily checked. The unit will also protect the pump from dry running if the water supply should fail. The TANK version also has 0.4ltr pressure vessel attached which negates the need for a separate vessel in certain situations.
BRIO controllers are suitable for use in pairs to operate shower pumps on hot (max 65°C) and cold supplies, subject to the maximum electric load (12 amps) not being exceeded.
– The BRIO is designed for use on clean water. If there is a possibility of sediment, a suitable filter should be installed before the unit.
– It automatizes the start and stop operations of single-phase electric pumps up to 2HP
– It replaces completely the traditional water system set up consisting on pressure switch and pressure tank
– It starts the electric pump after a pressure decrease (taps opening) and stops it when the fluid flow interrupts at the maximum pressure level of the electric pump (taps closing)
– A small 0,4 l water tank is integrated and it prevents unlikely frequent start and stop of the pump in case of small request of water and in case of leakages on the installation
– Replaceable EPDM bladder of the pressure tank
– Adjustable pre-charge pressure (factory setting 1 bar) of the pressure tank
– Integrated pressure gauge
– Protects against dry running and water hammering
– Standard 1″ M hydraulic connections
– Installation in any position – both vertical and horizontal – according to the flow direction
– Electronic printed circuit board housed in a waterproof compartment protecting against water condensation
– No need of maintenance
– Power Supply: 230V 50 or 60 Hz. Voltage tolerance /- 10%
– Max. Switching Current: 12 Amps
– Max. Motor Size: 2 HP
– Max. Total Pressure: 10 Bar
– Max. Liquid Temperature: 35°C
– Connections: 1″ BSP male
– Protection: IP65
– Pressure Gauge: 40mm dia 0-12 Bar
When used on big whole-house installations we still recommend the use of a small pressure vessel in the line to act as a buffer in the event of a tiny flow of water being required e.g. filling a glass of water. This will prevent the pump starting unnecessarily. The vessel should be installed in line after the Brio but before the first draw off and the size should be at least 10% of the maximum flow (in l/min) of the pump i.e. Max Flow 80 l/min – vessel should be at least 8 litres.
|Dimensions||L 204 x W 125 x H 194 mm|